How can I use Microsoft Power Automate with DeepL?
Microsoft Power Automate is a tool that makes it possible to build automated processes with a low-code, drag-and-drop interface.
Through the DeepL API, DeepL provides a custom connector for Power Automate that allows users to include DeepL translations as part of a Power Automate flow.
You can find documentation for the DeepL custom connector here.
For example, the DeepL custom connector can be used to:
- Automatically translate all incoming emails (plus their attachments) that were sent to an Outlook inbox (template available here)
- When configuring this flow, please be mindful to only translate the emails that need translating so that you don’t exceed your expected translation volume
- Watch for Tweets, translate them, and post to a Slack channel (template available here)
- Watch for Tweets, translate them, and post to a Teams channel (template available here)
The requirements for getting started are as follows:
- A DeepL API Free or API Pro subscription
- Access to at least one of the Microsoft products listed here in the supported regions
- Access to Premium connectors
While creating your flow, you'll be asked to specify whether you have an API Free or Pro plan. The correct plan type must be selected at this stage.
Lastly, here are a couple of notes related to usage of the custom connector:
- Pricing and billing: in case you’re new to the DeepL API, we recommend reading more about API billing here.
- Cost control: as an API Pro subscriber, you can limit your usage-based DeepL API costs by using the cost control feature located in your account under “Plan”. You can learn more about cost control here.
- Processing personal data: As mentioned in our Terms and Conditions, if you plan to process personal data with the DeepL API, you’ll need an API Pro subscription—an API Free subscription will not be sufficient.