How can I configure single sign-on (SSO) with OpenID Connect?
1) Set up an application in your identity provider
We offer step-by-step guides for the following identity providers:
Once the setup in your identity provider is done, you can set up SSO with OpenID Connect in your DeepL account.
2) Set up SSO in your DeepL account
To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Team tab in your DeepL account
- Click on Set up SSO
- Choose OpenID Connect as your Authentication type
To configure OpenID Connect, you need to provide the OpenID Connect metadata, which you can import either from a config file or from a URL.
Please contact the administrator of your identity provider for the required information.
- To import from a URL, please provide the URL where the OpenID Connect metadata can be found on your server (e.g., https://login.microsoftonline.com/…/v2.0/.well-known/openid-configuration).
- To import from a file, please provide the file where the metadata can be found. This is usually a downloaded OpenID Connect metadata JSON file.
You should also enter the following variables:
- Client ID, which is the Client ID from your DeepL configuration in your identity provider.
- Client Secret, which is the Client Secret from your DeepL configuration in your identity provider.
Once you have entered your Client ID and Client Secret, please click on Confirm to confirm the configuration.
Please note that you can't change the authentication type once you have confirmed the configuration. To change your authentication type, please contact DeepL Support.
Having confirmed the configuration, you will see that your integration is ready for activation. This status will be displayed in the Team area of your account, under Security, in the Single sign-on (SSO) field.
3) Test the configuration
Having completed the previous step, you will have the opportunity to test the configuration before completing the setup for the whole team. Please note that your team shouldn't log in via SSO yet and still has to use the standard login with email address and password.
4) Activate SSO for your team
To activate SSO for your team, click on Proceed to SSO Activation. This opens the Activate SSO for your team dialog. You will see a list of all the changes which will take place once you have activated SSO for your subscription:
- SSO login will be enabled for all your team members (please note that team administrators can't use the SSO login).
- SSO will be the only available login method for your team. This means that your team members will no longer be able to log in using their DeepL Pro credentials (email and password).
- All active team members will receive an email informing them of the new login process.
- New team members can no longer be invited via an invitation link or a direct email invitation.
- All sessions that are active at the time of activation will remain active until the next login.
Please note that activating SSO can't be undone. Therefore, we recommend that you only activate SSO for your team after you have successfully tested the integration by logging in one of your users via SSO.
To activate the integration, click on Activate SSO.
Having activated SSO, you will see that the status displayed in the Single sign-on (SSO) field is changed to Active.