How can I best protect my DeepL Pro account?
At DeepL, we strive to keep your data secure. But there are also measures you should take to further protect your DeepL Pro account.
Use unique, strong passwords
- Don't use your DeepL password anywhere else online, use a different password for each online service.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so avoid using the names and birthdays of your family members or any common words (e.g., football or summer).
- Use a strong and randomly generated password. We recommend that you create a password at least 10 characters long. A longer passphrase is even better.
- Use a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols in your password.
- We recommend using a password manager to generate strong, unique passwords and store your login information securely.
Never share your login credentials
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Scammers may create fake websites that look like DeepL and ask you to log in with your email and password. Always check the website's URL before you enter your login data. When in doubt, type www.deepl.com into your browser to get to the DeepL website.
- Keep in mind that DeepL will never ask you for your password in an email. Never reply to an email asking for your password.
Make sure your operating system and apps have the latest updates
- Operating systems have free software updates to enhance security and performance. These updates help keep your mobile device and computer more secure. We strongly recommend that you set up your devices to get these updates automatically.
- The only official DeepL desktop apps for Windows and Mac are available here.
- The DeepL for iOS app and the DeepL for Android app are the only official mobile apps from DeepL. The DeepL for iOS app is available in the App Store and can be downloaded here. You can find the DeepL for Android app in the Google Play Store and download it here.