Can I use the glossary feature in API requests?
With your DeepL API (Free and Pro) subscription, you can create up to 1000 glossaries. Please keep in mind that the maximum size limit for a glossary is 10 MB and each source/target text as well as the name of the glossary is limited to 1024 UTF-8 bytes.
Currently, glossaries for the DeepL API can be created for the same language combinations available for glossaries on the DeepL website and DeepL apps:
- English into German (EN -> DE)
- German into English (DE -> EN)
- English into French (EN -> FR)
- French into English (FR -> EN)
- English into Spanish (EN -> ES)
- Spanish into English (ES -> EN)
- English into Japanese (EN -> JA)
- Japanese into English (JA -> EN)
- German into French (DE -> FR)
- French into German (FR -> DE)
Your API glossary should include only one language pair (e.g., English into German).
Further language combinations will be added in the near future.
Please consult the API documentation for more detailed information on how you can create a glossary, list all your created glossaries, get details about a specific glossary, list entries of a glossary and delete a glossary.
Please note that the glossary API does not offer an edit function. You can implement the edit functionality yourself by creating a new glossary with the modified entries and deleting the old glossary.