How can I use DeepL Pro in memoQ 8.5 or higher?
- In order to start, you must have purchased a DeepL Pro subscription. If you haven’t, please click here. Also, you need to have memoQ 8.5 or higher installed with an active license. You will need your personal Authentication Key to use DeepL Pro with memoQ 8.5 or higher. This key can be found on your DeepL Pro Account page.
- There are several ways to use the DeepL Pro plug-in: you can pre-translate automatically, you can translate single files, or you can create a new project. What follows is a description of how to set up a project without pre-translation.
To begin, select the option "Create new project from template."
⇨ Add the documents (or folder of documents) to translate and click "Next."
⇨ In the next window, select the source and target languages.
⇨ Whether you create a project from a template or a completely new one, all machine translation (MT) resources must be active. While these resources are active by default, you can check if MT resources are active: Click on "Review settings" under “Resources,” and check that "MT settings" shows "all."
⇨ Click "Finish."
- Once the project has been created, go to "Settings," at the bottom of the "Project home" menu (on the left of the screen), and then go to "MT settings." Click on the option "Create/use new."
⇨ Give this new resource a name (e.g. "DeepL Pro Plug-in").
⇨ Now, click on the option "Edit" and the window "Edit machine translation settings" will appear. Under the "Services" tab, you will find "DeepL MT Plug-in."
- Select the plug-in by ticking the box next to it.
- Configure the plug-in by clicking on the settings wheel to the right of "DeepL MT Plug-in."
- Enter your Authentication Key in the text field that appears, and click "OK." This key can be found on your DeepL Pro Account page.
Under the "Settings" tab, you can specify where you want use the DeepL plug-in. Once you have selected your preferred settings, click "OK" to go back. Once you are back on the MT settings menu, check the box next to "DeepL Pro Plug-in" to add it to the project.
- Under "Project home," select “Translations," and open one of the files to start translating.
- To the right of the document, the "Translation results" window will show the automatic translations from DeepL, which you can use and edit directly in the target language segment. As soon as you move on to the next open segment, the plug-in will quickly and automatically suggest a translation in the "Translation results" window.
These translations will be saved in your translation memories for future use.
You can also consult the memoQ Support for further information about how the plug-in works.
Important: Should you encounter difficulties when using DeepL Pro with memoQ 8.5 or higher, please make sure that your plug-in is up to date, either by installing updates automatically, or by checking for memoQ updates manually.